Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KinectTwoPlayers Unity 2017.2.0b8 Personal 64bit

Hello,

I try to run the KinectTwoPlayers example but receive 7 errors...

1) XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_InstallationCorrupt: "Installation Corrupt (101)"!

2-7) Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/NGUIMath.cs(261,32): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.RuntimePlatform.WindowsWebPlayer' is obsolete:

All related to `WebPlayer export is no longer supported in Unity 5.4+.'

How can I fix those errors the best?

Thank You for a reply,

Jan

Hello,

After reinstalling OpenVR - SteamVR and RUISunity ...

Error 1 changed in XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_InstallationNotFound: "Installation Not Found (100)"!

and a new error did pop-up....

Shader error in 'Transparent/Refractive': 'vert': output parameter 'o' not completely initialized at line 66 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME

! Rebuilding Library because the asset database could not be found!
    ! Some scripts have compilation errors which may prevent obsolete API usages to get updated. Obsolete API updating will continue automatically after these errors get fixed.Some scripts have compilation errors which may prevent obsolete API usages to get updated. Obsolete API updating will continue automatically after these errors get fixed.

Cannot set VR devices because the platform passed isn't supported by Unity.

Script 'Joint' has the same name as built-in Unity component.
    AddComponent and GetComponent will not work with this script.

There are inconsistent line endings in the 'Assets/NGUI/Resources/Shaders/Unlit - Dynamic Font.shader' script. Some are Mac OS X (UNIX) and some are Windows.
    This might lead to incorrect line numbers in stacktraces and compiler errors. Many text editors can fix this using Convert Line Endings menu commands.

File 'Constructor' has animation import warnings. See Import Messages in Animation Import Settings for more details.
    Lighting data asset ‘LightingData’ is incompatible with the current Unity version. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data. Realtime Global Illumination cannot be used until the lighting data is rebuilt.

Assets/RUIS/Scripts/Input/Calibration/RUISCoordinateCalibration.cs(97,10): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GUIText' is obsolete: `This component is part of the legacy UI system and will be removed in a future release.'

Assets/NGUI/Scripts/UI/UICamera.cs(781,46): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.RuntimePlatform.XBOX360' is obsolete: `Xbox360 export is no longer supported in Unity 5.5+.'

Assets/NGUI/Scripts/UI/UIFont.cs(813,31): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.CharacterInfo.width' is obsolete: `CharacterInfo.width is deprecated. Use advance instead.'

Lighting data asset ‘LightingData’ is incompatible with the current Unity version. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data. Realtime Global Illumination cannot be used until the lighting data is rebuilt.
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetGameO bjectInstanceIDFromComponent(Int32)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

etc....

Looks like a great update is needed... ???

Comment

Hi Jan,

Which Unity version are you using? RUIS should work on Unity 5.6. I haven't tested it on the new Unity 2017.1, and it is possible that it doesn't work on that version. You can get Unity 5.6 from here:
      https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Are you using RUIS 1.10 or the experimental version with Perception Neuron support?

If SteamVR is not detected by Unity, it gives the error that you mentioned:
      VR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_InstallationNotFound: "Installation Not Found (100)"!

That error is harmless if you don't intend to use SteamVR. A SteamVR window will pop-up quite often to remind you about a new SteamVR Unity plugin. Installing the new version could break something, so in RUIS projects I recommend that with this pop-up you click the "Do not prompt for this version again."

All the warnings and errors that you list are related to the API updating process, where scripts are automatically updated to obey newer APIs. This process (and the warnings) are normal and to be expected, when opening RUIS project for the first time. Most of the warnings disappear when you open the same project again.

You can ignore all the warnings (yellow icons), and often the errors (red icons) can also be ignored if the project otherwise works.

The only error that stands out to me is: "Cannot set VR devices because the platform passed isn't supported by Unity." I don't remember seeing this one before.

A new RUIS version is scheduled to come out sometime in the autumn. I will probably make it for Unity 5.6 (which still has many users) and hope that it will be compatible with the 2017.1 version. Lets see.

Comment

Working...
      X